Woohoo for Day 9! It has already been over a week in this journey. I know that I did not write anything for days 7 and 8 but I was really focusing on relaxing with my family, thinking about goals, and plain old being distracted by other things. I will confess that on Sunday I did enjoy a few slices of yummy Dijornio's spinach and mushroom pizza and some natural cookies. I know I said no cheese, bread, or sugar but I really was bummed that we missed out on going to a SuperBowl part because my son was sick. The truth is I love finding reasons to be a little bad when things don't go as planned - I guess sort of a treat. But I honestly only feel guilty because I really ate more than I desired and felt bloated and stuffed. I could have had one slice of pizza with a big salad and nice piece of fruit for dessert. But I have learned my lesson on overindulgence because I paid the price with a tummy ache.
Which brings me to my point of the night, I really need more than WILLPOWER, I need the POWER of the HOLY SPIRIT that comes through Christ. I can not do this alone. (Romans 7:15-25)I need to remember His promise to restore me to health and the word He gave me for my body so when I get tempted and I will be tempted or when I see the old habits start to resurface I can rely on His word to renew my mind so that my actions will be aligned with His will. (Romans 12:2)
I really didn't get too far with my goals but I will share them as they come. I desire to lose 60lbs in however long it takes because I am not in a race but I expect to make progress each month by losing 2-5lbs per month or losing inches. By meeting these monthly goals I will be able to get back into my pre-pregnacy clothes by June 2011.
A friend of mine called today and helped me to realize once God gives me an assignment and I ready to act on it there will be obstacles that try to keep me from doing God's will but she reminded me to press forward. It is easy to be so distracted by the circumstances in life that you lose site of the goal. So my prayer for everyone is that you not be moved by circumstances because what you see is just temporary and subject to chnage but what you don't see is eternal. You may not see your promised land from where you are right not but just know that God promised it to you so it is yours so be don't be distracted by the things you can see. (2 Corinthians 4:18)
Be mIndful that you are not trying to lose weight. You are changing the way you live and what you teach your children. This is a lifestyle change. Obesity, childhood obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc. are on the rise but there is so much that we can do to manage or prevent it. From a spiritual point of view it comes down to being a good steward. Just like we have to be good stewards of our finances. We need to be good stewards of our time and our bodies. As Christians if we say our body is our temple then the temple needs to be maintained!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your words of wisdom. They are a great reminder of the ultimate purpose of my journey. However, weight loss is one of the great benefits of healthy living and I want to be sure to benefit from the overall improvements in my physical appearance, emotional well being, and spiritual outlook. I am in agreement that the weight loss should not be the main focus. Thank you for being a good friend and keeping me accountable!!
ReplyDelete