Hey everyone!! Thanks for sticking with me on this journey. I hope that things are well for you. So I am doing really great with the whole food thing because the 21 Day Daniel's fast really got me in the right frame of mind to eating healthy and making wise choices.(Daniel 1:8-16) I have had no meat, diary, or processed foods. Yah!! But I am really struggling with the will power needed for working out! My sister is a on her own journey with health and she has challenged herself to doing at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday for 21 days - since it takes that long to make something a habit. She is now on her 6th day, GO TANIA!!! So I think I am going to challenge myself to do the same starting this Saturday.I am going to need to really look at my schedule and allot a certain time each day without fail and the same time everyday, even on the weekends. I really need to get my physical activity on! Also, I am struggling with getting out of my house. Since I became a stay at home mom, I have become a hermit never leaving the house except for church and my son's doctor appointments. I know that Healthy Living is not just about the food you consume daily not to mention you can't call it a Healthy Living if you are not living. So my challenge for myself has to go beyond exercise. I challenge myself to get out of my house at least once a week during these 21 days of exercise. I won't count church or church activities, the Dr's office, or just sitting in in some one's house. For all of you who know me - this is quite the challenge but I know I can do it. I really use my son as an excuse to not exercise or leave the house! I am sure that there is something else going on that I am not even realizing but if I know God like I know I know Him - He will reveal it to me. When I have my "Ahaaaa" moment I will share it with you!
I really did not understand why God placed starting this blog on my heart but the more I write the more I understand that He is using this time to get me to see for myself what is really going on in my life. It is not that He doesn't love me and He doesn't love coming to my rescue but God wants me to understand why I am in the situations that I find myself in so that I can not keep repeating this cycle. Often times I go to God with the same old stuff wanting Him to fix these problems but God is taking me to the source. Has anybody else experienced this?
Speaking of writing things down I really have not taken the time to set some goals and set time lines so that I can have see if I am progressing and so that I can document my milestones. (Habakkuk 2:2) I wanted to take things day to day and not put a whole lot of emphasis on timing, exact weight loss, or inches but that doesn't mean I shouldn't set goals and track my progress. I will also be working on that this weekend and will share as well.
My prayer for everyone including myself is that you don't stop at the easy stuff that you will keep pushing yourself because that perseverance will build character. (James 1:2-4) I also pray that God would reveal his purpose for your lives and allow you the vision you need to write down your goals for all areas of your life and that He will give you all that you need to get it done! (Proverbs 29:18)
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change"...
ReplyDeleteYou right Uncle Derrick :o)! Nah but seriously I am going to really think on that one!
ReplyDeleteHealthy living is about actions and deeds which must first come from speech. So if you say it, you will hear it as it traverses the universe and back to the source (by omnipotent laws)which then reveals your will to believe it and see it unfold.
ReplyDeleteLook at all the senses you have used to create what you want. ISLAM...(I Self am Lord and Master) Here's to your success because you already believe...