Wow, Day 6 has already come and is almost gone. I am really excited about this season in my life. Yesterday, my 9 month old son crawled for real for the first time. It was so amazing to watch him finally do something that he had been trying to do for a couple of months now. I really thought he would just skip crawling and walk because he seemed so uninterested in crawling but he loved standing up and holding on to things while he tried to walk. I got to thinking why does he want to walk and not crawl and what I came up with was that everyone around him walks (he is our first son and there are no other babies around). He just wanted to get to the good part. Lately, my husband and I have been getting down on all fours with him and making it a game by putting objects he really wanted just far enough that he would have to crawl for it. We hoped that showing him how he can get around on his own by crawling would motivate him to enjoy this stage. We know that crawling is temporary but it is also necessary and that the walking would come soon. It is funny how my adult life mirrors what he is going through - people around are healthy and active and workout and I on the other hand have been wanting and desiring that for myself but not wanting to crawl for awhile until I got strong enough to walk. I would just get so frustrated because I could see the goal but it just seemed like it would just take too much work and effort to get there. So instead of changing my eating habits I would crash diet and call it a "detox" and instead of building a regimen of working out I would order the latest workout tool or get that gym membership. Then I would let the must have work out stuff get dusty sometimes never opening the box or scanning the membership card. But this time I am going to press through the crawling phase so that when I am ready to walk I can really walk and not just pretend. Thank you everyone who has posted comments, followed this site, sent messages and prayed for me because you are getting down on all fours and crawling with me so that I can learn how to crawl and get around on my own and then eventually walk.
My prayer for everyone is that God would send each one of you someone that will get down wherever you may be and just crawl with you and show you that the crawling is just a temporary way to get you moving until you can walk on your own.
Hey! Any luck with finding a new fruit/vegetable this week? I wanted to post up a few links that I've been using over the past few months to help with cooking.
ReplyDeletewww.simplyrecipes.com
www.notakeout.com
www.meatlessmonday.com
www.skinnykitchen.com
http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/ (subscribe to the podcast)
Hey T! No, I haven't tried any new veggies or fruits yet :( but I will. I need to make a trip to wholefoods because the veggies at our reg grocery stores are looking pitiful. Thank you so much for the links. I am going to try out some of the recipes and let you know how they turn out. I am still a work in progress when it comes to cooking.
ReplyDelete