Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 2!

Hello everyone!

I am so overwhelmed and overjoyed with all the love and support that I am receiving from everyone. You are so awesome and it is really motivating. I am excited for each of you because it seems like we are on all a journey to becoming a healthier Body. So yeah Go US!!   I was so nervous about posting my information especially my weight and BMI because there is something about seeing it written down that is very shocking.  Coming to terms with being labeled obese, has been really hard for me. I have been struggling with my weigh for almost 10 years and it has been recently after having my son that my weight has been at an all time high. It really does attack your self esteem - well it has really affected mine. Part of me was like what are you thinking putting your weight down on here (like it something that you couldn't tell for yourself by simply looking).  The other part of me knew that I needed to just get over it and admit it so I can just deal with and make the change. I didn't even think a second thought about me admitting to being a smoker or being in debt until someone in my family called and was like Nikki you smoked?? LOL! I know like some of you may know that once God takes a label away from you it is so gone. (Isaiah 53:5) It's like that was another life and I can say it without even flinching. I can't wait to have the same feeling about this weight thing. Actually, God has already removed the sting of the word obese as I am typing right now. Because He literally,  right now just reminded me that He calls things that be not as they are - just like when when I was still a smoker, a debtor, and some other stuff (maybe I will share later).  He called me an Overcomer because knew that I would one day start inhaling his love for me instead of the toxic fumes of death that I so happily breathed in as I made myself sick. He knew that I would stop being a borrower and one day be a giver because He knew that I would realize where the true treasures were and my heart would follow (Matthew 6:19)- that is the Nicole He brought into existence because she was always there with me and that is what my name means, Overcomer! He called me that before I was ever even in existence. (Romans 4:17) I am so ready to shed this label too and for it to be a distant memory of another lifetime like all the rest.
Today was a good day thanks to you guys and the revelations of the Holy Spirit! (Ecclesiastes 4:10-12)
Now tomorrow I need to spend 30 minutes doing a physical activity! It has been 4 months since I worked out - any workout suggestions for my first day back?
I pray for strength and perseverance for each of you in your own personal journey. And for anyone who is struggling with something toxic in your life no matter what it is - God can help you Overcome as well.  (Philippians 4:13)

7 comments:

  1. This is really inspiring, I havent always been obsessed with my weight until entering motherhood myself. I am looking forward to shedding all this excess after baby girl is born. I would say maybe start with some squats or lunges, they help with toning while burning fat and building muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you many blessings on this Journey Lady, You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole!! (This is Carlie, btw) I love this! I'm soooo proud of you and so encouraged by your words. I too am trying to lead a healthier lifestyle but have definitely fallen off since I completed my Daniel Fast. Overall, my goal is to just be healthy! I want to do my part in preventing any chronic diseases that I may otherwise be subject to. I'll certain be reading along through this journey of yours!

    Suggestions for first activity...I'd say you and Samuel go for a walk but this weather is just awful :(.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anna. I am sure running after two little ones will be just the cardio you need to kick that baby weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ms. KC:) I appreciate the encouragement. It really does make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carlie, you can definitely do it. I know it gets so hard to stay focused but I know you can. We are in this thing together.

    Yes, I was thinking of walking but you are so right it was ugly all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for the workout suggestions posted here and in my email! I actually did Ta-Boe and man it was the easy version but it was still kicking my butt! It felt good being active.

    ReplyDelete